Active Arm/Shoulder Sling
Regular price $28.50 CAD Free shipping on orders over $50
Shipping calculated at checkout.
This arm/shoulder sling immobilizes the shoulder, elbow and wrist to provide both maximum comfort and optimal healing. Also prevents shoulder rotation.
- The envelope is constructed of high quality black mesh for improved air circulation
- Both the shoulder and waist straps are made of foam, and they can be easily adjusted to suit any body type
- The shoulder immobilization strap is removable when only arm suspension is required
- Also includes a thumb loop inside the envelope that provides additional support to the wrist if required
Putting the Shoulder Sling On
If possible, get someone else to help you put this support on the first time. Once it is fit properly, it is easy to put on by yourself. If you are fitting this support by yourself, you may have to spend more time adjusting the straps.
- When you take this support out of the package, first identify the shoulder strap and the waist strap. The shoulder strap is padded and the waist strap is not.
- Next, note which arm/shoulder you are using the support for. The Velcro should attach on the outside of the strap for whichever side the envelope is on. You may need to take the straps off the envelope and reattach them to achieve this.
- Attach all of the straps to the envelope loosely enough that you can put both on over your head. Put the support on so that the waist strap is sitting loosely around your waist and the shoulder strap is resting loosely on the shoulder of your uninjured side.
- Put your arm in the envelope so that your elbow is at a 90 degree angle, resting comfortably in the corner.
- Tighten the waist strap if necessary so that your arm can’t move out away from your body, but it doesn’t need to be snug against your skin.
- Tighten the shoulder strap so that it holds your arm up in the envelope. You can adjust it in the front and the back as necessary.
Taking the Sling Off
- Undo the Velcro on the waist strap and the shoulder strap
- Pull the sleeve out from under your arm
- Reattach the Velcro on the straps to prevent them from sticking to anything while not in use.
Careful washing will prolong the life of the brace. Remove all stays before washing. Hand wash with a non-detergent washing solution, and air dry (away from the sun and heating vents). Do not put the brace in the washing machine or dryer.