How to put the splint on:
- Remove the Velcro on the top and bottom straps and reattach so the straps are loose, without pulling them through the plastic rings.
- Undo the Velcro on the center strap and unwrap the strap from around the splint, leaving it undone.
- Rest the splint on a table or counter, holding it with one hand and sliding your other arm through the straps. Your elbow should be resting firmly in the splint, lined up with the bend in the centre of the splint.
- Pull the top and bottom Velcro straps so they tighten in the plastic rings, then fold them over and re-attach so that the brace is secure on your arm, not too tight but not moving around or sliding up and down.
- Take the centre strap and fold it over top of your arm, around the bottom of the splint and back over the top, and reattach the Velcro.
How to take the splint off:
- Remove the Velcro on the centre strap and reattach as loosely as possible
- Remove the Velcro on the top and bottom straps and reattach as loosely as possible
- Slide your arm out
How to wash the splint:
The liner is attached to the rigid plastic with Velcro. Remove the liner, wash in cold water with a mild detergent, and air dry. Wipe the rigid plastic with a damp cloth if necessary.