How to Use the Dynamic Wrist Lacer
Your wrist brace will fit either your left or right hand. It was assembled in the right hand configuration, with the curved stay on the palm side of the hand.
If you would like to use it for your left hand simply remove the metal stays from the openings on the inside of the brace and switch them to the opposite side.
Putting the brace on:
- Undo the Velcro tabs and loosen the straps completely.
- For left hand use:
- Locate the opening where the stays can be removed on the inside of the brace.
- Pull the straight stay out.
- Turn the brace over and pull the curved stay out of the other side as well.
- Turn the curved stay over and insert it so that it fits the natural shape of the hand.
- Now put the straight stay into the pocket where you just took the curved stay out and pull the fabric over the end of the stay.
- Now you are ready to apply your brace. Insert your hand into the brace and pull it on until your thumb fully protrudes through the hole at the side.
- Pull the straps tight and fasten the Velcro tabs. Readjust the tightness of the straps to provide optimum support and comfort as necessary.
Taking the brace off:
- Undo the Velcro tabs and reattach them to the brace so that the straps are loose
- Slide the brace off your hand
- Leave the brace with the Velcro tabs attached to keep them from getting stuck to anything while not in use.