Putting the brace on:
- The brace comes with all of the Velcro done up so that the brace is tightly closed. Lay the brace on a table face up. Undo the Velcro on the arm sleeve and reattach so the sleeve is done up as loose as possible. Undo both pieces of Velcro on the part that goes around your chest.
- Attach the Velcro directly under the arm sleeve close to the edge of the adjacent flap.
- Put your arm through the sleeve and position the brace so the mesh pocket on the inside of the brace is resting on your shoulder. Straighten the flap that goes around your chest so that it’s parallel with the floor.
- Pull the long flap from your back around to the front of your chest, then attach the Velcro on the front of the brace so that the brace is snug.
- If necessary, readjust the Velcro on the side of the brace under the sleeve to tighten or loosen the brace. Readjust the Velcro on the arm sleeve so that it is snug around your bicep.
- This brace comes with an extra strap which will limit shoulder motion in either direction. To limit backward motion, attach the strap on the front of the bicep, wrap it around the back of the arm, then around the front of the brace, and attach on the brace in the desired position. To limit forward motion, attach the strap on the back of the bicep and wrap it in the opposite direction.
Taking the brace off:
- Loosen the arm sleeve by adjusting the Velcro, undo the Velcro on the front of the brace, and slide the sleeve off your arm.
- Reattach the Velcro on the front of the brace to prevent it from getting stuck to anything while you’re not wearing it.