- Pre-form the back ends of the side panels so they are slightly curved.
- Pre-form the back panel so plastic side pieces are slightly curved.
NOTE: Ensure head is in neutral alignment throughout the entire application of this product.
The front panel should be at the lowest setting to begin. While pulling the sides of the front panel apart, position the bottom of the tracheal aperture at the sternal notch. Position the sides up and over the trapezius muscles. It is OK if the chin piece is not touching the chin
While holding the collar against the chest, pull out the dial to unlock. Turn the dial clockwise to raise chin piece. When the chin piece is supporting the chin, release the dial and it will self-lock.
NOTE: Do not adjust on the patient. If height adjustment is necessary - remove from patient, adjust and reapply.
- Push down on lock release and slide yellow button left to unlock.
- Adjust height up or down if needed for best fit. To lock slide yellow button right.
- With the head in neutral alignment, press the back panel down onto the bed and slide it behind the patient’s neck. Ensure back panel has good contact with trapezius.
FOR REFERENCE: Start by aligning top of the back panel with the middle of the ear.
- While holding the front panel in place, attach the loop strap on each side.
- To tighten, anchor your fingers in on the collar and peel back the loop strap on one side, tighten and reattach. Tighten the other side equally and repeat as needed to ensure a snug, symmetrical fit.
- Check to see that the back of the chin piece is not pressing inward on the throat. If it is, lift the back ends of the side panels up and off the trapezius muscles.
- The patient’s chin should be close to the front of the chin piece but the back of the chin piece should not press on the patient’s throat.
- All slack between the front and back panels must be removed to ensure a secure fit.
- The patient often changes position, so it may be desirable to readjust the height and the back panel straps.