Osteo-Arthritis Knee Brace
Regular price $195.00 CAD Free shipping on orders over $50
Shipping calculated at checkout.
This brace is for mild to moderate unicompartmental knee osteoarthritis.
Osteoarthritis is a condition in which the cartilage between the joints wears away. When this happens, the knee joint bones rub against one another with less of the shock-absorbing benefits of cartilage. The rubbing results in pain, swelling, stiffness, decreased ability to move and, sometimes, the formation of bone spurs.
In some cases, only one side of the knee is affected. This brace is designed to take the pressure off the degenerative side, letting the healthy side of the knee take more weight.
One size - will fit most people.
- The hinge angle can be easily adjusted with an allen key
- Has a lightweight frame and anti-slip soft padding
- Has a quick-release buckles for easy fastening and release
How to Adjust the Knee Brace to Fit You
- Sit on a stable chair, keep your knee slightly bent.
- Centre the condyle pad to the knee cap.
- Fasten the two straps below the knee as indicated.
- Adjust the thumb screw so that the proximal portion of the brace comfortably meets the thigh portion of the leg. Then attach and tighten the two straps above the knee.
- Tighten the adjustment screw with the wrench provided to apply adequate pressure to relieve knee joint pain.
- Once satisfied with good brace fit and function, trim the straps to the correct length and reapply the Y-hook strap ends.
Careful washing will prolong the life of the brace. Remove all stays before washing. Hand wash with a non-detergent washing solution, and air dry (away from the sun and heating vents). Do not put the brace in the washing machine or dryer.